Welcome to Mahindra Truck Forum! CLICK HERE to register so that you can participate on our site.

Get a quote from a Mahindra Dealer
(after the truck's release)

Are you a Mahindra Dealer? Click Here!
Register your dealership on this site.

Go Back   Mahindra Truck Forum > Sponsor Forums > Ute Aluminum Flatbeds

Ute Aluminum Flatbeds Ute Ltd. make tough aluminum flatbeds, canopies and other products for trucks! See them at UteLtd.com

Register for Free to see less Google Ads!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 12:53 PM

Register to stop seeing this ad!

When I was shopping for my last truck I came very close to buying a Sprinter chassis cab (for the Mercedes Motor) and was getting it fitted with a UTE bed with flip-up sides.Very strongly thinking of sh!+ canning the factory bed that came on my 09 3500 SRW Chevy.They are so thin now that working construction with them now is more than they can take.Im surprised UTE beds have not caught on in the U.S. like they are in the rest of the world.People here care more about looks than preformance I guess.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:25 PM

I am surprised as well. I guess they are just way too practical for the US market. The Ute Bed for your 3500 weighs less than 450 lbs. Of course the decking is only load rated for 3.5 tons and it doesn't have great big 4 inch side combings that you can cut a big hole in for your tail lights, etc... Yep, way too practical...

I should have the Mahindra Ute Bed offer done soon and I will post the offer in under a new heading.
Cheers,
04 Ram 2500HD 4x4 5.9L Diesel crew cab long bed Ute
I build Utes.... "What's Your Pickup Line"
Old 10-05-2010, 05:57 PM

Thanks for the replies and info! Either of those set-ups are just what the doc ordered ;}. I wouldn't need or expect any special colors, just hope I can afford one, that is if this WHOLE deal comes to pass. I would love to see the OEM Mahindra color scheme scrap the black and the silver package and go with a Gunmetal/Graphite/Teflon metallic kind of option, with all the trim in black. Would be a sharp option; something to offset that gooney (read: so ugly, it's cuuuute!) styling of the cab & sheet metal in general. Black rally stripes up the hood & all. Anyway, looking forward to more news! P.S. - do you guys offer anything in the way of bull bumpers for up front, or as I also mentioned, what about steel rear bumpers for other tow options, pintles, winches, etc? Thanks!