Welcome to Mahindra Truck Forum! CLICK HERE to register so that you can participate on our site.

Get a quote from a Mahindra Dealer
(after the truck's release)

Are you a Mahindra Dealer? Click Here!
Register your dealership on this site.

Go Back   Mahindra Truck Forum > Automotive & Tech Forums > Truck Forum

Truck Forum General, non Mahindra Truck discussion

Register for Free to see less Google Ads!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 04:26 PM

Register to stop seeing this ad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
A little less ground clearance for 26 mpg , works for me . That's what got me following Mahindra.. Maybe they can change this site to Nissan Diesel to encourage Nissan to do it.
Andy already hosts a Nissan Titan forum. Hasn't been too much activity lately, but there will be now...!

Nissan Titan Truck Forums

-pete

Old 05-23-2011, 02:23 AM

Good luck with a Cummins Titan,a Titan is the least trucklike truck Iv ever come across.After 1.5 years of work doing landscaping, towing a small open trailer around town this thing was spent.Cracked leaf springs, slipping trans,bed dented to hell (made of tinfoil ) and milage worse than any.Hope that a Titan is not where Cummings ends up , that would be a shame.This comes from a guy thats owned all American pick ups till he went Titan,he is trading in for a 6.6 Duramax and getting beat on trade-in.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac5058 View Post
a Titan is the least trucklike truck Iv ever come across.
Including the Ridgeline?

Show off your truck, start a Truck Profile today!

Current Rig:
2002 Dodge Ram Diesel
Mahindra I want: TR40
Become a new Member Here!
Want some stickers? Become a supporting member.
Interested in becoming a dealer or advertiser? Email andy@mahindratruckforum.com
Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Including the Ridgeline?
No thats a car with no lid on the trunk.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Good luck with a Cummins Titan,a Titan is the least trucklike truck Iv ever come across.After 1.5 years of work doing landscaping, towing a small open trailer around town this thing was spent.Cracked leaf springs, slipping trans,bed dented to hell (made of tinfoil ) and milage worse than any.Hope that a Titan is not where Cummings ends up , that would be a shame.This comes from a guy thats owned all American pick ups till he went Titan,he is trading in for a 6.6 Duramax and getting beat on trade-in.
Maybe they are thinking that if they can improve the Titan then anything is possible ?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:27 PM

With Dodges connection to Cummins maybe the Titan tester is just to throw people off of the real plan ? If this tester is a 4 banger it would be great in a Jeep and there are a lot of rumors floating around about a diesel Wrangler ?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:36 AM

Quote:
With Dodges connection to Cummins maybe the Titan tester is just to throw people off of the real plan ? If this tester is a 4 banger it would be great in a Jeep and there are a lot of rumors floating around about a diesel Wrangler ?
I thought that a diesel Jeep had to do with Chrysler being in with Mercedes (something Jeep had Mercedes power) and that marrage has ended.It seems to me all the companies that started developing small (non HD) power plants bailed close vto the same time.GM had a 4.5 Duramax ready to go,Cummins with a 4-banger Ford too had something and Mahindra bailed also.Mabey they knew something,like these smaller Diesel motors just cant be made to produce enough power for us Americans and get better milage than a gasser. With a DPF and DEF crap they must have on them to pass emissions. If you get 1 ro 2 more MPGs than a gas motor why bother with diesel.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:43 AM

Guys the Mercedes engines are done in Chrysler products. We know for sure, I mean 100% for sure that a 3.0 liter VM Motori diesel will be in the Grand Cherokee in 2013 and they are trying to make a case for a 2.8 liter motor for the Wrangler. To me they should just stick with federalizing one motor, the 3.0. It is a decent size for many applications and would allow for economies of scale. It could be in the Ram 1500, the large cars like the 300 and Charger along with all of the larger SUV's like the Durango and Grand Cherokee.

Combine it with the 8 speeds that are coming up in the same time and I can imagine very nice highway mileage and respectable city mileage. It has around 240 HP and 400 lbs of torque. It might be a little different with Urea or other things but this motor was designed with Euro 6 Emissions compliance in mind and that standard is about 97% of the way to T2B5 so the cost really shouldn't be much more. My uneducated guess is that it will just use a bit more Urea per mile than the Euro edition and that will be the only major change.

I'd certainly consider it in the Ram 1500. I bet if the costs weren't too outlandish there would be a ton of fleet buyers wanting it. With higher demand and more sales comes lower pricing.

Last edited by howam00; 05-25-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Truth is Jappy trucks just are not built as sturdy as American trucks . Which is one reason I'm still in my Ranger . If you haul a heavy load regularly Chevrolet , Ford or Dodge will hands down outlast Tundra , Titan ,Tacoma , Frontier and the Ridgeline .
Old 05-27-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Truth is Jappy trucks just are not built as sturdy as American trucks . Which is one reason I'm still in my Ranger . If you haul a heavy load regularly Chevrolet , Ford or Dodge will hands down outlast Tundra , Titan ,Tacoma , Frontier and the Ridgeline .
My 1994 S-10 was no where near as sturdy as my friend's 1994 Toyota subcompact truck. We bought our trucks at somewhat the same time. I went about 100 miles in his truck last year kayaking and it was tight.

I am thrilled at the prospect of a Nissan diesel!!!!