Welcome to Mahindra Truck Forum! CLICK HERE to register so that you can participate on our site.

Get a quote from a Mahindra Dealer
(after the truck's release)

Are you a Mahindra Dealer? Click Here!
Register your dealership on this site.

Go Back   Mahindra Truck Forum > Mahindra Truck Forums > Mahindra Truck Articles

Mahindra Truck Articles News and Information posts from MahindraTruckBlog.com

Register for Free to see less Google Ads!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 04:40 AM

Default Revealed: US Mahindra Pickups to be Made in Alabama Beginning 2012

Register to stop seeing this ad!

Mahindra Genio DC (TR40 US)2013 Mahindra TR20 and TR40Mahindra Planet has been working to confirm that a 2-million-square-foot facility in Muscle Shoals, Alabama which was recently leased by...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

More...
Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 AM

interesting . . . they don't have to wait for arbitration to be settled to start making and selling their SUV, do they? We've been waiting so long to see the pickups that it doesn't seem possible they'll ever show up.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:45 AM

Fox news even mentioned it.Im still not holding my breath.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:01 PM

I will take a the Mahindra Genio RC with a long bed and 4x4 .
Old 12-17-2011, 07:34 AM

I'll believe it when I see one on the Walmart parking lot. And if they do I would hope the screwed over dealers get a FREE option to sell them. I'm liking my 2012 Tacoma and not quite broken in yet (1400 miles in the 1st week ) I'm getting 19 mpg . So it'll be 3-5 years before I would even think about getting a Mahindra.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:48 PM

Mahindra is denying it.

Quote:
Urgent Statement From Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, Mumbai - India

By Mahindra & Mahindra Limited
Published: Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011 - 10:23 am

MUMBAI, India, December 17, 2011 -- /PRNewswire/ --

"There have been reports in certain quarters of media and online space stating that Navistar USA will produce Mahindra's T20 and T40 pick ups in Alabama, USA in 2012, which are completely baseless & incorrect. If & when there are any material developments, Mahindra & Mahindra Limited will communicate them directly and transparently."

About The Mahindra Group

The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, vacation ownership, rural and semi-urban financial services, etc. Mahindra has a significant and growing presence amongst others, in the automotive industry, agribusiness, aerospace, automotive components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel and two wheelers.

A US $12.5 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra employs more than 1,37,000 people in over 100 countries. In 2011, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000 list, a listing of the biggest and most powerful listed companies in the world. For four years in a row, Mahindra has featured in the Forbes Asia's Fab 50 List of the 50 best publicly traded companies in the Asia-Pacific regions. Dun & Bradstreet also ranked Mahindra at No. 1 in the automobile sector in its list of India's Top 500 Companies.

In 2010, Mahindra featured in the Credit Suisse Great Brands of Tomorrow. Its flagship company Mahindra & Mahindra Limited is the only Indian automobile manufacturer to feature in the top 10 list of the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index in India - 2010, created by the Carbon Disclosure (CDP). In 2011, Mahindra acquired a majority stake in Korea's SsangYong Motor Company.

For further information, please visit Mahindra Rise

Connect with us on Mahindra Group | Facebook
Urgent Statement From Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, Mumbai - India - PR Newswire - sacbee.com

Damnit. Got my hopes up there for a moment.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:32 PM

They will communicate transparently?

Old 12-19-2011, 08:57 AM

so the statement for the press by Mahindra says they will not be building Mahindra TR20 and TR40 in Alabama in 2012. What about Ssangyong TR20s and TR40s? Actually, I think they were on the verge of ditching the TR20 and 40 name, maybe they'll come up with a new model name, like Genio?

What does this remind me of . . . oh, yeah: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Monica . . . ".

Maybe they have no plans for Navistar to assemble vehicles in Alabama in 2012, but they haven't gone as far as saying that.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:15 AM

Because Mahindra has been so forthright, direct, and open in the past...

I've been sitting on this story and trying to verify everything I could since early October. I finally felt like I had gotten as far as I could get. If I didn't believe it was accurate I would not have published it. Standard Mahindra policy is to not comment on anything, so I thing I struck a chord for them to publish a press release in response to my blog (which they already don't like). I wish they weren't so dim and they would see that publicity like this is a good thing for them, and that there are a lot of people excited about their product. Mahindra is a company with terrible public relations but with a great product.

What it comes down to is that Mahindra wants to be in the US and they want to kill off GV. So they jerked GV around by not filling orders, and sent their worst performing truck for EPA evaluation. Two years later they now have the Genio platform with a far better (Americanized) design and a more slippery shape.

Anyway, I want to thank all of you who read MP and support this forum (Andy is the man!). If Mahindra won't thank you, then I will. You guys are the ones who keep the torch lit for Mahindra when everyone else has written them off. Thanks, and Happy Holidays.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Thanks Chris, for keeping everyone so well informed!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Show off your truck, start a Truck Profile today!

Current Rig:
2002 Dodge Ram Diesel
Mahindra I want: TR40
Become a new Member Here!
Want some stickers? Become a supporting member.
Interested in becoming a dealer or advertiser? Email andy@mahindratruckforum.com