Welcome to Mahindra Truck Forum! CLICK HERE to register so that you can participate on our site.

Get a quote from a Mahindra Dealer
(after the truck's release)

Are you a Mahindra Dealer? Click Here!
Register your dealership on this site.

Go Back   Mahindra Truck Forum > Mahindra Truck Forums > Mahindra TR40 Forum

Mahindra TR40 Forum Discuss the new TR40 in this Forum

Register for Free to see less Google Ads!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 AM

Default EPA rates Mahindra TR40 truck at 19 cty, 21 hwy

Register to stop seeing this ad!

fueleconomy.gov just posted the EPA ratings for 2011 Mahindra TR40. 19 city, 21 highway. I was never expecting the 30 MPG estimated on the website, but c'mon. 4 cyl Toyota and GM compact pickups with 4WD have similar ratings. And those are with gas, not diesel. National average for diesel right now is $0.34 higher than gasoline. Are these fuel economy ratings a misprint? If not, the one thing that would have made a Mahindra worth it for me is gone.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:58 AM

Thumbs down

Ill chit myself if they sell a dozen of these turds. It's now competitive with the full size trucks in price, and fuel economy.

Surely something is not right with these estimates?
Old 02-03-2011, 09:57 AM

A full-size GM truck w/ 4WD and and the 5.3L v8 is rated at a combined 17 MPG (vs. Mahindra's 20). I realize the EPA numbers won't necessarily match real world results depending on individual drivers, but at the very least, the EPA system is a standardized test for comparing vehicles. And the full-size is SO much more truck for not much difference in MPG. After factoring in the additional cost of diesel, the Mahindra's fuel economy advantage is next to nothing.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyStrong View Post
A full-size GM truck w/ 4WD and and the 5.3L v8 is rated at a combined 17 MPG (vs. Mahindra's 20). I realize the EPA numbers won't necessarily match real world results depending on individual drivers, but at the very least, the EPA system is a standardized test for comparing vehicles. And the full-size is SO much more truck for not much difference in MPG. After factoring in the additional cost of diesel, the Mahindra's fuel economy advantage is next to nothing.
I knew m&m was full of $hit,and the epa ratings bear that out.Buy hey.....who cares? It's not like they're sold here.Maybe a 2wd with 3:21 gearing might get 25 or so,but no way for their 4x4.Also,the epa ratings I have found are fairly accurate.Yes there are slight exceptions but for the most part they are pretty damn close.No wonder they didn't really want to bring it into the USA.Dadburn furreners
2011 Chebby Silverado 1500,Z71.Flowmaster 40 cat-back duals with Heartthrob Black resonator tips.Volant CAI.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 PM

could this be part of the reason Mahindra backed out?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
could this be part of the reason Mahindra backed out?
That's what I'm thinking.They blew their horns loudly on the 30mpg stuff.Come to find out.......they only farted...
2011 Chebby Silverado 1500,Z71.Flowmaster 40 cat-back duals with Heartthrob Black resonator tips.Volant CAI.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:10 PM

Back to the drawing board for me! Perhaps the four cylinder Tacoma deserves another look.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:26 PM

doh_homer_simpson-1084.jpg

uhboy uhboy uhboy...

Old 02-03-2011, 03:00 PM

It looks like Ford couldn't have scripted it any better- why buy a small pickup when you can drive an F-150 economically? The things that attracted me to the Mahindra: diesel engine with high fuel economy and plenty of torque, bigger bed than any of the small trucks, stout construction, less fluff, and relatively small overall size. Forget the fact that they aren't available, they look less and less desirable with every revelation. Maybe it's time to snap up one of the last Rangers with the seven foot beds . . .
Old 02-03-2011, 06:30 PM

Time to pull the plug on this forum. A definite no go for me.