Welcome to Mahindra Truck Forum! CLICK HERE to register so that you can participate on our site.

Get a quote from a Mahindra Dealer
(after the truck's release)

Are you a Mahindra Dealer? Click Here!
Register your dealership on this site.

Go Back   Mahindra Truck Forum > Mahindra Truck Forums > Mahindra TR40 Forum

Mahindra TR40 Forum Discuss the new TR40 in this Forum

Register for Free to see less Google Ads!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 08:13 AM

Default What do you want for your TR40?

Register to stop seeing this ad!

I think this would be a fun discussion to talk about what we would want for our TR40 such as features and color. Then when we eventually get do get our truck, we can all post pictures and compare to what we got versus what we wanted.

My TR40 stock
  • Blacked out. Black paint
  • 4 wheel drive for sure
  • of course the 4 doors
  • leather if an option
  • to be added to

I really think these trucks look good in black.

My TR40 aftermarket
  • dark tint including limo strip
  • more aggressive tires
  • bigger muffler, needs to be louder :-)
  • funny sticker on back window, not giving up mine tho!
  • to be added to
Old 10-07-2009, 07:59 AM

Default Options

This truck should have been redesigned before its US launch. It's not that it's ugly, what truck isn't to one degree or another. But there was no need to enhance the look of mediocrity. I can see peeling off alot of the front end which I think is an insult to automotive design. But if it looks bad enough, the mpg will be its only selling point.
I have to ask mdcheif, have you ever heard of a large country called India? It is populated by hundreds of millions of people whose culture may be oldest in the world. There are also certain cultural and religious aspects to the country you may not be aware of, such as the reverance given to cattle. Last I heard, that is the source of leather. FYI, leather might not be an option in this truck anytime soon.

P.S. others here weren't as kind in their comments.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Ah crud, there goes those bull horns I was wanting on the front!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihor View Post
This truck should have been redesigned before its US launch. It's not that it's ugly, what truck isn't to one degree or another. But there was no need to enhance the look of mediocrity. I can see peeling off alot of the front end which I think is an insult to automotive design. But if it looks bad enough, the mpg will be its only selling point.
I have to ask mdcheif, have you ever heard of a large country called India? It is populated by hundreds of millions of people whose culture may be oldest in the world. There are also certain cultural and religious aspects to the country you may not be aware of, such as the reverance given to cattle. Last I heard, that is the source of leather. FYI, leather might not be an option in this truck anytime soon.

P.S. others here weren't as kind in their comments.
It's amazing what a few minor modifications can do to the look of a truck. I was assuming it was going to have leather because of the picture at the top of this Mahindra dealership. DFW Mahindra Trucks SUV 4x4 Dealership Arlington Dallas Ft. Worth Texas India Home Page DFW Mahindra will sell the Mahindra Pickup Truck, also called the Mahindra Diesel, Mahindra Diesel Hybrid, Mahindra Hybrid, Mahindra Truck, Mahindra Trucks or Mah I don't see such a big company, even from India, not having an option for leather seats.

Andy, Keep gunning for those horns ;-)
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 PM

Actually the Mahindra Logan does come with leather seats in India.

According to the Mahindra US site "options are to include leather seats"

And India is a Big producer of leather. From the Indian Council for Leather Exports:
"The Leather Industry holds a prominent place in the Indian economy. This sector is known for its consistency in high export earnings and it is among the top ten foreign exchange earners for the country.

With an annual turnover of over US$ 7 billion, the export of leather and leather products increased manifold over the past decades and touched US$ 3.59 billion in 2008-09, recording a cumulative annual growth rate of about 9.58%.

The Leather industry is bestowed with an affluence of raw materials as India is endowed with 21% of world cattle & buffalo and 11% of world goat & sheep population. Added to this are the strengths of skilled manpower, innovative technology, increasing industry compliance to international environmental standards, and the dedicated support of the allied industries.

The leather industry is an employment intensive sector, providing job to about 2.5 million people, mostly from the weaker sections of the society."
Old 10-08-2009, 06:03 PM

Great info! I need my black leather with my black paint!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:22 PM

Default hahaha

Leather is over rated.

For me I want a bull bar and the rear glass protector and a good aggressive tire.

The stereo available sounds like it will have the sound covered.

4x4 for sure!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:05 AM

Ima have to add it to the list! You're right.. Depending on price of leather I might just scrape the idea, but I always thought having leather would be nice. In my avatar, I had a waag bar on my ranger. I really enjoyed that waag bar because it wasnt too much, and I was able to mount two lights on it to see better offroad at night.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:03 PM

Camper shell? Lift? Wonder how these will do driving on the beach? Water resistant seats like the honda element would be nice. Really hope they dont evolve into what trucks here have become. Finally someone realized there is a market for a strictly utilitarian vehicle.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:31 AM

They are somewhat light trucks. Fill up some sandbags to throw in the bed on top the rear tires and I'm sure it would do fine even in 2wheel.