Welcome to Mahindra Truck Forum! CLICK HERE to register so that you can participate on our site.

Get a quote from a Mahindra Dealer
(after the truck's release)

Are you a Mahindra Dealer? Click Here!
Register your dealership on this site.

Go Back   Mahindra Truck Forum > Mahindra Truck Forums > Mahindra TR40 Forum

Mahindra TR40 Forum Discuss the new TR40 in this Forum

Register for Free to see less Google Ads!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 06:08 PM

Register to stop seeing this ad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldude View Post
I wanted to go out with my own bang but can never figure out how to post a new thread on this forum so will just glom on to this one. I'll continue to keep an eye on the forum but after a couple of years of nothing from Mahindra, and the latest delay from late fall into winter, I got myself an 06 Liberty CRD. Great so far - super turning radius and the 2.2L diesel gave me over 30 hand-calcuated mpgs on my first run @ 70 - 80 mph. I'll get a little trailer to make up for the pickup bed I'm lacking and have saved $15-20k over the TR40 4x4 I was keen on. Smell ya Mahindra!
Make that a 2.8L.I know,I had one.Easily got 32mpg without trying hard.Oh yeah,295 ft.lbs.of torque under your hood.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:28 AM

I have given up!
Fate has led me to a 2005 GMC Canyon 4 door. I'll keep my eye on the Mahindra comedy of errors and will take a test drive when and if the opportunity presents itself but my '96 S-10 with 350+K has convinced me to move on to a 16K replacement (63,800 miles on it). Maybe by the time the Canyon is whispering the S-10's mantra, I'll scope out a TR40.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:20 PM

You may have saved yourself $15-20k as well. Don't know what you paid but the 06 Liberty I got is worth about $10k and it sure seems like the Mahindra's are going to quickly creep up into the high $20s if a base TR20 is in the low 20s.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:23 AM

Default Canyon

I paid just over $16,000 total and can only say that except for the diesel aspect it is very like the Mahindra in amenities and options. The big difference is of course that I didn't have to wait for who knows how long to buy it! As I said previously, when the Canyon is ready to be retired, I'll keep Mahindra in mind.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:44 PM

I like the looks of Canyon also. Did you buy a new one??
I feel really good about waiting 4 to 5 years before buying a Mahindra anyways. First, it may be in the market than, 2nd it may have a couple of dealers to choose from. I would hate to have only one dealer option when you buy a car... it sucks not having someone to go to when you are not please...
3rd, hopefully buy than it will have adapted and made some positive changes to the American market. The Indians right now are being too hard headed and want to deal where like they do in India...
Old 09-02-2010, 11:46 AM

Not new, it's an '05. My attitude has changed towards the Mahindra. The truck they promised wasn't what I would have picked out for my daily driver, the diesel was the only draw for me. The Canyon isn't either but it was only $16K. If the TR40 were to come in around there, well I'ld be sorry. But I bet that if it ever appears the price will be around 26K. And it's not worth $10.000 to get 7 more mpg. I'm still on for a test drive, hope I am still young enough (56 now) to have a driver's license! Mahindra has tweeked down my optimism with their antics.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihor View Post
Not new, it's an '05. My attitude has changed towards the Mahindra. The truck they promised wasn't what I would have picked out for my daily driver, the diesel was the only draw for me. The Canyon isn't either but it was only $16K. If the TR40 were to come in around there, well I'ld be sorry. But I bet that if it ever appears the price will be around 26K. And it's not worth $10.000 to get 7 more mpg. I'm still on for a test drive, hope I am still young enough (56 now) to have a driver's license! Mahindra has tweeked down my optimism with their antics.
By time the truck actually gets here you'll be in the age category that only allows you to buy a Buick or the biggest Caddy they make. Don't forget to sit as close to the wheel as possible too so you can see out the window.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:52 AM

Couldn't fit in a Tacoma if I tried & I did try. I'm 6'5" tall.