Welcome to Mahindra Truck Forum! CLICK HERE to register so that you can participate on our site.

Get a quote from a Mahindra Dealer
(after the truck's release)

Are you a Mahindra Dealer? Click Here!
Register your dealership on this site.

Go Back   Mahindra Truck Forum > Mahindra Truck Forums > Mahindra TR40 Forum

Mahindra TR40 Forum Discuss the new TR40 in this Forum

Register for Free to see less Google Ads!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 01:24 PM

Cool 2.2 or 2.4, Hybric with Plug-in for overnight charging

Register to stop seeing this ad!

I'm getting conflicting information. First they said it was going to be a 2.2L 4 cyl diesel engine, now I'm reading it's a 2.4L engine. I want the smaller engine for better mileage.

Then I read, first Mahindra was going to come out with the diesel and shortly after the diesel/hybrid, now I hear the diesel hybrid will be out in a few months in the later half of 2010.

I want the diesel hybrid. the name of the game for me is the MOST MPG I can get and the hybrid is the way. I hope they have the foresight to make it plug-in diesel / hybrid, so it can trickle charge over night while it's parked.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 04:19 PM

I want the diesel hybrid. the name of the game for me is the MOST MPG I can get and the hybrid is the way. I hope they have the foresight to make it plug-in diesel / hybrid, so it can trickle charge over night while it's parked.

Thanks [/QUOTE]

I'm all about the mpg to. A plug in diesel/hybrid would be AWESOME !!!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:25 PM

Location: Currently in West Point, NY, but home will always be TX

I was just wondering what the source is about the change from the 2.2L mHawk to a larger 2.4L mHawk. To me it would be good news to have a larger engine, but I doubt that M&M would be making this big of a change this close to a possible release date.

"Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas, he will tell you. Otherwise, you will just embarrass him..."
Old 04-28-2010, 03:30 AM

Default Have they released facts on the hybrids yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBlackKnight View Post
I was just wondering what the source is about the change from the 2.2L mHawk to a larger 2.4L mHawk. To me it would be good news to have a larger engine, but I doubt that M&M would be making this big of a change this close to a possible release date.
You're right, it doesn't make sense. The regular trucks did have a 2.5L engine, and they recently made the switch to 2.2L. You still see many references to the earlier engine, but it wasn't a 2.4L. The official Mahindra truck website has the specs as 2.2L. I'm thinking maybe some facts got twisted up, because the 2.2L is a new engine. I've heard nothing about what engine would be installed in the hybrid, but I guess it's possible that the hybrid version would have a different engine than the standard- I would have expected it to be smaller, though, if anything.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:33 AM

I too would like the hybrid but I think one statement latter in 2009 said that it had also been delayed to the tune of multiple years.

Tags
2.2 2.4, hybrid, plug in