Welcome to Mahindra Truck Forum! CLICK HERE to register so that you can participate on our site.

Get a quote from a Mahindra Dealer
(after the truck's release)

Are you a Mahindra Dealer? Click Here!
Register your dealership on this site.

Go Back   Mahindra Truck Forum > Mahindra Truck Forums > Mahindra TR20 Forum

Mahindra TR20 Forum Talk about the new Mahindra TR20 Pickup Truck

Register for Free to see less Google Ads!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 04:16 PM

Default TR20 truck camper

Register to stop seeing this ad!

Northstar Campers

Northstar told me they have been selling these campers in Australia.
Utility beds are very popular there. They have a short and long bed version.
Eastendcampers on Long Island, NY sells them on a Chevy Colorado.
I'm sure I could put one on a TR20. If you're a truck camper fan, tell me what you think.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:07 PM

Steve, Welcome to the site! I'm not a camper so can't comment, but if the TR's are any kind of decent, all the accessories will show. I'm thinking that that will also include the flat beds, stake beds, and dumps that the Aussie's have.

-pete

Old 03-17-2010, 05:12 PM

interesting. hmm. I didn't know they existed. but 20K for a camper that you need to take of the bed for?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:03 PM

You buy the truck without the standard bed and then have the utility bed put on it.
The truck minus the standard bed costs less than the truck with the standard bed.
Yes, you can order the truck without the bed.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:54 AM

Default That Colorado Ute Bed will fit the Mahindra

That is our Ute Bed on that Colorado that NorthStar built the camper for. That Colorado is a chassis cab model with a 6 x 7'6" Ute Bed with the sides removed. We do have a Ute Bed for the Mahindra as well, that will be even longer. See this Australian version that just came out recently.
cheers,
Ute Man

Old 03-26-2010, 11:18 AM

With the advertised payload, the Mahindra should have plenty of capacity to haul around any truck camper designed for a compact pickup. Some of these top out at 1500lbs.

Heck, if there's 48" between the wheel wells in the standard bed, any "1/2 ton" camper will fit too.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Gauge View Post
With the advertised payload, the Mahindra should have plenty of capacity to haul around any truck camper designed for a compact pickup. Some of these top out at 1500lbs.

Heck, if there's 48" between the wheel wells in the standard bed, any "1/2 ton" camper will fit too.
That is quite possible. The cool thing about the NorthStar Escape Pod is that it has a six foot wide floor and the door does not have to be in the back. you can enter through the side.... pretty cool...
04 Ram 2500HD 4x4 5.9L Diesel crew cab long bed Ute
I build Utes.... "What's Your Pickup Line"
Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 AM

Is Mahindra going to sell chassis cabs and you can buy a flatbed or will they come fitted with the bed from the dealership?
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 AM

I talked with GV about this last year. They said they were not ready to deal with it. I told them we could get it set up now, so that when the trucks come into the USA, we could fit them at the port with our Ute Beds. Then they would just deliver them to the dealerships along with their usual deliveries. That is how we do the Colorado/Canyon chassis-cab trucks. They couldn't seem to get their minds around it.
It is un-clear as to how the trucks will come in. I have heard two conflicting stories. One is that they are all coming with factory boxes. The other is that they are all coming in as chassis and the boxes will be fitted in Ohio, so that they can avoid the "chicken tax" on complete vehicles that are imported to the USA. I sent a message to GV earlier in the year and of course they were not ready to discuss it.
That being said, our Ute Beds would have to be shipped out to your local dealership or truck body shop and installed there. This adds cost to the total, but will make your Mahindra a real work truck. Our Ute Bed for that truck will be about 6' x 8' and will weigh about 350 lbs at most.
04 Ram 2500HD 4x4 5.9L Diesel crew cab long bed Ute
I build Utes.... "What's Your Pickup Line"