Welcome to Mahindra Truck Forum! CLICK HERE to register so that you can participate on our site.

Get a quote from a Mahindra Dealer
(after the truck's release)

Are you a Mahindra Dealer? Click Here!
Register your dealership on this site.

Go Back   Mahindra Truck Forum > Mahindra Technical Discussion > Mahindra Electrical

Mahindra Electrical Discuss any electrical issues for the Mahindra pickups here.

Register for Free to see less Google Ads!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 04:46 PM

Default turn signal circuit

Register to stop seeing this ad!

I have a 2004 Mahindra Cimarron, in Uruguay. There is a problem with the turn signal circuit. Sometimes it works fine, but other times it blows the fuse (30 amp fuse) and fails to function at all even if the circuit is closed. My first thought was that the blinker was sticking, but I tested it and it works fine. The hazard lights work fine. Also the switch on the steering column appears to be functioning correctly. My guess is that there is a short in the system somewhere but I cannot locate it. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that might help me diagnose and fix the problem?
Thanks!
Old 04-10-2010, 05:23 PM

Nobody has this truck yet over here. You should ask that to the Brazilian Mahindra Forum on Yahoo.
They are a good group and they have had this truck now for over 2 years.
They should be able to understand if you write in Spanish, but you will not get reply in English.
Good luck!
Old 04-10-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Sometimes it works fine, but other times it blows the fuse (30 amp fuse) and fails to function at all even if the circuit is closed
Sounds like a bad relay.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbidy View Post
I have a 2004 Mahindra Cimarron, in Uruguay. There is a problem with the turn signal circuit. Sometimes it works fine, but other times it blows the fuse (30 amp fuse) and fails to function at all even if the circuit is closed. My first thought was that the blinker was sticking, but I tested it and it works fine. The hazard lights work fine. Also the switch on the steering column appears to be functioning correctly. My guess is that there is a short in the system somewhere but I cannot locate it. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that might help me diagnose and fix the problem?
Thanks!
I think that I can safely say that we would LOVE to help you, but all of us are awaiting the Mahindra truck to arrive in the US. No truck, no service manual, no actual factual solution can be offered...

That said, us Suzuki Samurai owners have this problem often with our beat-up 20-plus year-old vehicles. It often turns out to be a bad ground somewhere. When a ground is lifted in the turn signal circuit (usually at a lamp or other places where connectors and ground points are exposed) the electricity tries to find another way to ground. This causes fuses to blow and other unusual behavior.

It's time to peek at all the turn signal lamp fixtures and make sure the ground connectors are clean and tight. You may need to remove the grounding bolt, clean the contact surfaces with sandpaper and reassemble it with a dab of dielectric grease (found at your local auto parts store). Don't forget to "exercise" the connectors, too! Pull them apart and reconnect them to clean the contacts.

I hope that this helps!

Acks FAQ.com- nearly 600 searchable links to Suzuki/Geo Modding and maintenence info!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:20 PM

I have had a similar problem on a 1971 Fiat and a 74 Beetle.... check your ground wires, possibly loose or rusted...
Old 04-11-2010, 03:38 AM

Default Tail light nightmares

I had a similar problem with my 96 and 97 VW Passat(s).

There was no consistancy to the rear lights working. Wiggle the bulbs/grease the connections and check the grounds and still intermittant function.

Well, finally fed up I went to the VW dealer and changed every bulb in the rear of the vehicle (97) with VW specific bulbs.

I have not had a problem since! The bulbs have to have a resistance value that must be used or you have problems.

I never had fuses blow just inconsistant operation of the turn signals and tail lights.

Look into using the 'correct' factory bulbs, it might make a difference.

Good luck..........J