Welcome to Mahindra Truck Forum! CLICK HERE to register so that you can participate on our site.

Get a quote from a Mahindra Dealer
(after the truck's release)

Are you a Mahindra Dealer? Click Here!
Register your dealership on this site.

Go Back   Mahindra Truck Forum > Sponsor Forums > DFW Mahindra

DFW Mahindra This is the dedicated forum of our sponsor, DFW Mahindra

Register for Free to see less Google Ads!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:42 PM

Default I have seen Mahinra in Fort Worth.

Register to stop seeing this ad!

I saw one some time back when the guy told me it was made in india I dissmissed it as a cheep crap truck, Then he took off and I was a bit supprised and had a little more respect for this tiny Diesel. It was not untill a few days ago when I was searching for a small Diesel pick-up I learned it was a hybrid, 1.38 ton, 2.2L VERY GREEN truck ok I was a little more than impressed maby I even wanted one of these cheep trucks now. Working as a handy man I see alot of people all the time. Two days ago I pulled up at one guys house ready to fix a sink and low and behold there was one of these little trucks, After much talking abotu it and a test drive I WILL BE BUYING ONE I PROMMISE YOU !
Old 03-19-2010, 06:05 PM

Wow! you lucky Devil. You are now the envy of at least 500 members here.

Give us your thought please!!!!! Engine, transmission, noise feel creature comforts etc.

Let the info rip!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:30 PM

PICS or it didnt happen!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:35 PM

Sorry wish I could have taken a pic unlike everyone on the planet my phone is a phone not a multi tool.

Let me say first off my biggest gripe was I had to take the owner with me who would not shut up while I was trying to have some fun, and I have never been on the right side of a truck while driving.

He let me take it to a little off road spot near his house. (If you live in the in the DFW area of north Texas keep an eye out Keller and Denton HWY area).

When I was stopped I didn't even know I was in a diesel. It was a little stiff but really what do you expect from a small 1 ton. The shift pattern was a little odd to me but I guess if you have ever been over seas it might not be to bad. Yea I ground the gears some I didn't mean to I promise, but other than that no shift problems as far a s I could tell. There was no smell of coolant or oil or anything there should not have been. There was no reason to turn the AC or the heater on it was a nice day. To me it felt a little more compact than a ranger more like one of those big hunting four wheelers, OK with me I like to lean on my door, but foot room as good easy to hit the each pedal. The steering was a little sloppier than I would have liked. I would like to see a little easier take off. VERY comfy in the seat! The motor is TINY you could put a midget under the hood and close it and he would have plenty of room to work on it. It dose have a power point no cigarette lighter (I'm OK with that i just quit). There is something about it that makes it feel lighter but not so light it makes you worry, the doors are definitely not like the one on a US made small pick-up. I guess all in all No its not a shrunk down F-250 but its a damn solid truck to test the waters with. Remember this truck is more or less for Mahindra to test the US market they have much nicer cars, trucks, and options for us later if this first run works out alright.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:10 AM

Thumbs up

Fascinating report Kandr! Thank you! Regarding your comment about the shift pattern. The truck was a manual... Hmm, I wonder if they had a home-market drivetrain or a US engine on a manual tranny (we're supposed to only get auto's here). Do you recall the engine size? 2.2, 2.5, 2.6?

thanks again dude!

-pete

Old 03-21-2010, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the review!!!!
Did you ask the guy if he knew when the new trucks would come to the US??
Old 03-21-2010, 02:25 PM

Location: Currently in West Point, NY, but home will always be TX

I wish I could have found a local tester willing to let me drive it. Rare opportunity you had right there.

"Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas, he will tell you. Otherwise, you will just embarrass him..."
Old 03-21-2010, 07:22 PM

I think it was 2.5 may have been the 2.6 but I know it was not the 2.2.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandrwelding View Post
I think it was 2.5 may have been the 2.6 but I know it was not the 2.2.
gotcha. Wonder what they were testing then? Suspension maybe....
still a great review dude, tnx!
-pete

Old 03-24-2010, 12:03 PM

Default Mahindra Australian version, just in case you didn't see it

I have posted some info under the general forum about this Ute Mahindra.
UteMan

Last edited by UteMan; 03-24-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: add link to other general forum post