Welcome to Mahindra Truck Forum! CLICK HERE to register so that you can participate on our site.

Get a quote from a Mahindra Dealer
(after the truck's release)

Are you a Mahindra Dealer? Click Here!
Register your dealership on this site.

Go Back   Mahindra Truck Forum > Automotive & Tech Forums > BioDiesel Forum

BioDiesel Forum Bio Diesel discussion, tips and tutorials

Register for Free to see less Google Ads!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 PM

Default Dodge 2500 runs great with Bio-diesel 2002 model

Register to stop seeing this ad!

I have a 2002 dodge 2500 that I have been running B100 in for years.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:02 PM

Default topGut I think you are correct

Yeah, I think you are correct on the Exhaust issues with Bio-Fuels. The Mahindra company is saying "no way" and they will void the warranty, but they are using B100 in India very successfully. I think the company does not want to stand behind the backyard chemist who thinks he's making it right.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:04 PM

BTW-I'm not a granola-head, I just HATE arabs ![/QUOTE]

I'm not a granola-head but I'm not a racist either. Some guy spews this and no one comments other than to say what a great thread? I've been running straight vegetable oil for years, you don't have to be a racist to justify it, simply being cheap or enviromentally-minded will work. SVO works great when it works but I've had my share of problems. Different than biodiesel - you have upfront costs installing a separate tank, lines, and filter - but you also don't have to mess with methanol, lie, etc. Worth considering, just go with a good company like Greasecar Vegetable Fuel Systems. Avoid Golden Fuel Systems, they're crummy and cheap and the company provides negative customer service.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:41 AM

Its good stuff but starts to gel at 45 degrees F. I envy you warmer climate guys. I love it. It runs great in VW TDI's (older models)..........J
Old 04-20-2010, 05:55 AM

It sounds like the Ford and GM ddiesels are B20 compliant from the factory. I think once the emmissions technology matures a bit we'll see the B numbers increase again.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:05 PM

hey triple seven driver. this is the stove warrior from canada a multi-cultural nation and i don't appreciate you saying you hate arabs. maybe you should grow a set and think about what you've said. i thought this forum had more integrity than this horse manure/